Applications accepted for downtown parade | Business
Downtown Edmond is getting in the holiday spirit and is encouraging local businesses to do the same through a fun event.
The annual Mayor's Tree Lighting and Edmond Electric Parade of Lights is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 8 in downtown Edmond.
Beginning at 6 p.m., residents will come together in Shannon Miller Park for the Mayor's Essay Contest presentation.
This year's essay theme is "If you were Cindy Lou Who, what would you do to convince the Grinch not to steal Christmas and help his heart grow three sizes too big?"
The contest is open to all 1st through 5th grade students in the Edmond Public School District.
Essays will be accepted at the mayor's office until Tuesday, Nov. 27.
From there, the parade will start from the UCO campus and stroll through downtown Edmond, which begins at 6:45 p.m.
Float applications will be accepted until Friday, Nov. 30.
To receive an application, call Michelle at (405) 216-7671.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes