Webelos Ring in Christmas Cheer | Community Spirit
(Edmond, OK) The sounds of bells ringing could be heard outside of the Wal-Mart Super Center at 15th & I-35.
Webelos from pack 347, known as the Sabercats, we're helping the Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign before Christmas. "We came out here to ring bells for the Salvation Army and people are donating money," said Jake Walls, member of pack 347.
The Red Kettle campaign is a successful Salvation Army program that originally started in 1891.
The Sabercats were enthusiastically ringing their bells to encourage shoppers to drop in a donation. "These guys are learning that it is good to come out and help. This is the third year they have done it and they like to help" said David Walls, Jake's father.
The Sabercats are Webelos who will move up to Boy Scouts next year and this is one of the good community projects they are involved in. When asked why he likes scouting, Jake Walls said, " we get to go out and do cool stuff and help people."
Christmas reminds us that there are a lot of good people just like the Webelos of Pack 347, ready and willing to help a great cause like the Salvation Army.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes