Webelos Ring in Christmas Cheer | Community Spirit
(Edmond, OK) The sounds of bells ringing could be heard outside of the Wal-Mart Super Center at 15th & I-35.
Webelos from pack 347, known as the Sabercats, we're helping the Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign before Christmas. "We came out here to ring bells for the Salvation Army and people are donating money," said Jake Walls, member of pack 347.
The Red Kettle campaign is a successful Salvation Army program that originally started in 1891.
The Sabercats were enthusiastically ringing their bells to encourage shoppers to drop in a donation. "These guys are learning that it is good to come out and help. This is the third year they have done it and they like to help" said David Walls, Jake's father.
The Sabercats are Webelos who will move up to Boy Scouts next year and this is one of the good community projects they are involved in. When asked why he likes scouting, Jake Walls said, " we get to go out and do cool stuff and help people."
Christmas reminds us that there are a lot of good people just like the Webelos of Pack 347, ready and willing to help a great cause like the Salvation Army.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan