Hospital burglary suspect at large | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – A mysterious intruder was seen wandering through a restricted area of Integris Health in Edmond just before 6 p.m. Monday.
Investigators said he navigated through a stairwell and attempted to get inside a locked office door on the second floor.
A woman working after business hours was startled by the intruder.
“It was a secure area on the second floor,” Edmond Police Spokesperson Jenny Monroe said. “She heard someone jiggling the handle. She looked outside and saw a man with a knife or flat screw driver trying to get into the door. She did yell ‘Hello’ and it scared him off.”
The man vanished empty-handed before hospital security could track him down.
Police said this is not his first attempt.
In fact, a suspect matching the exact same description targeted Integris Edmond in June, and an Oklahoma City hospital in July.
Authorities suspect he’s rifling through empty offices for quick cash.
“They would have to know what they’re looking for,” Monroe said. “Depending on the office, there could be petty cash.
Integris officials said the intruder did steal about $50 in cash from one recent heist.
Police and hospital administrators would like to identify this mystery man and question him about the recent rash of burglaries.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff