Burglar breaks into church overnight | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – The Holy Trinity Lutheran Church and School in Edmond is a quiet place usually but their sense of security is now shattered.
An uninvited guest showed up at the church in the early hours of Thursday afternoon.
“We figure he was here for at least an hour and we do have a video camera that showed him looking around the place and going up and down the hallways, checking out each of the rooms,” school director Debbie Swanson said.
She said the thief stole at least four cameras, a laptop, candy, coffee, a guitar and a banjo.
“We have a security system and my thought is that it just didn’t get closed all the way and he just probably went around the building until he found a door that as open,” Swanson said.
It all added up to about $4,000 stolen in one night.
“It just kind of felt like evil was walking in the hallways at that point,” the church’s leader, Rev. Barrie Henke, said. “That someone would do that and take other people’s property like that, that really bothers me a lot.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan