Burglar breaks into church overnight | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – The Holy Trinity Lutheran Church and School in Edmond is a quiet place usually but their sense of security is now shattered.
An uninvited guest showed up at the church in the early hours of Thursday afternoon.
“We figure he was here for at least an hour and we do have a video camera that showed him looking around the place and going up and down the hallways, checking out each of the rooms,” school director Debbie Swanson said.
She said the thief stole at least four cameras, a laptop, candy, coffee, a guitar and a banjo.
“We have a security system and my thought is that it just didn’t get closed all the way and he just probably went around the building until he found a door that as open,” Swanson said.
It all added up to about $4,000 stolen in one night.
“It just kind of felt like evil was walking in the hallways at that point,” the church’s leader, Rev. Barrie Henke, said. “That someone would do that and take other people’s property like that, that really bothers me a lot.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes