Burglar breaks into church overnight | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – The Holy Trinity Lutheran Church and School in Edmond is a quiet place usually but their sense of security is now shattered.
An uninvited guest showed up at the church in the early hours of Thursday afternoon.
“We figure he was here for at least an hour and we do have a video camera that showed him looking around the place and going up and down the hallways, checking out each of the rooms,” school director Debbie Swanson said.
She said the thief stole at least four cameras, a laptop, candy, coffee, a guitar and a banjo.
“We have a security system and my thought is that it just didn’t get closed all the way and he just probably went around the building until he found a door that as open,” Swanson said.
It all added up to about $4,000 stolen in one night.
“It just kind of felt like evil was walking in the hallways at that point,” the church’s leader, Rev. Barrie Henke, said. “That someone would do that and take other people’s property like that, that really bothers me a lot.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel