School on lockdown after shots fired in neighborhood | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Westfield Elementary is on lockdown after a neighbor reported gunshots fired in a home nearby.
Authorities said a man may have fired shots inside his home on the 17000 block of Red Tail Hawk Way near N. Penn. Ave. and N.W. 178th St.
They said he is in the house and not responding to police.
School officials said the lockdown is because some children were still at the school after hours.
More details to come as soon as they are confirmed.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan