School on lockdown after shots fired in neighborhood | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Westfield Elementary is on lockdown after a neighbor reported gunshots fired in a home nearby.
Authorities said a man may have fired shots inside his home on the 17000 block of Red Tail Hawk Way near N. Penn. Ave. and N.W. 178th St.
They said he is in the house and not responding to police.
School officials said the lockdown is because some children were still at the school after hours.
More details to come as soon as they are confirmed.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes