High-speed chase reaches 100+ mph through Edmond, Guthrie | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Police have arrested the suspect after a high-speed chase through Edmond and Guthrie, reaching over 100 miles per hour Wednesday afternoon.
OKC police said the chase began after they pulled over 46-year-old Tony Youmans near N.E. 122nd St. and I-35.
OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said just as the officer was concluding the stop, he found drugs in Youmans’ car.
Youmans quickly sprinted back to his car and the chase ensued.
OKC police joined by the Okla. Highway Patrol followed him north on Highway 77 through Edmond into Guthrie where he pulled over.
He was arrested without incident.
Sgt. Wardlow said it appeared Youmans threw drugs out of the car during the pursuit.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel