High-speed chase reaches 100+ mph through Edmond, Guthrie | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Police have arrested the suspect after a high-speed chase through Edmond and Guthrie, reaching over 100 miles per hour Wednesday afternoon.
OKC police said the chase began after they pulled over 46-year-old Tony Youmans near N.E. 122nd St. and I-35.
OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said just as the officer was concluding the stop, he found drugs in Youmans’ car.
Youmans quickly sprinted back to his car and the chase ensued.
OKC police joined by the Okla. Highway Patrol followed him north on Highway 77 through Edmond into Guthrie where he pulled over.
He was arrested without incident.
Sgt. Wardlow said it appeared Youmans threw drugs out of the car during the pursuit.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder