High-speed chase reaches 100+ mph through Edmond, Guthrie | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Police have arrested the suspect after a high-speed chase through Edmond and Guthrie, reaching over 100 miles per hour Wednesday afternoon.
OKC police said the chase began after they pulled over 46-year-old Tony Youmans near N.E. 122nd St. and I-35.
OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said just as the officer was concluding the stop, he found drugs in Youmans’ car.
Youmans quickly sprinted back to his car and the chase ensued.
OKC police joined by the Okla. Highway Patrol followed him north on Highway 77 through Edmond into Guthrie where he pulled over.
He was arrested without incident.
Sgt. Wardlow said it appeared Youmans threw drugs out of the car during the pursuit.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes