High-speed chase reaches 100+ mph through Edmond, Guthrie | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Police have arrested the suspect after a high-speed chase through Edmond and Guthrie, reaching over 100 miles per hour Wednesday afternoon.
OKC police said the chase began after they pulled over 46-year-old Tony Youmans near N.E. 122nd St. and I-35.
OKC Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said just as the officer was concluding the stop, he found drugs in Youmans’ car.
Youmans quickly sprinted back to his car and the chase ensued.
OKC police joined by the Okla. Highway Patrol followed him north on Highway 77 through Edmond into Guthrie where he pulled over.
He was arrested without incident.
Sgt. Wardlow said it appeared Youmans threw drugs out of the car during the pursuit.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property