Surf and turf shoplifting suspect in hot water | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. - Homeland Food and Pharmacy at Bryant and Danforth catches an occasional shoplifter but a grand larceny suspect is unique for them.
Edmond Police spokesperson Jenny Monroe said, “This is pretty unusual. It’s very specific. Specifically, he goes for steaks and crab legs. He loads the cart up.”
Overhead surveillance cameras captured this man in a black hat, filling his cart with expensive meat and seafood.
The bold bandit rolls the premium food past the check stands and out the double doors.
An accomplice is waiting in a white or silver, newer model Dodge Charger or Avenger.
They made a clean getaway twice in consecutive days.
He returned for a third attempt but alert store security chased him out.
According to Monroe, “Probably the first and second times he didn’t realize they caught him on camera and were a actually watching. The third time he figured out he was being watched.”
Detectives said he clearly has an appetite for crime.
This suspect may not be brazen enough to return to this Edmond Homeland but if he’s not captured, authorities said they believe the steak and crab crook will likely surface somewhere else.
He’s already escaped with nearly $2,000 worth of crab legs and meat.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel