Surf and turf shoplifting suspect in hot water | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. - Homeland Food and Pharmacy at Bryant and Danforth catches an occasional shoplifter but a grand larceny suspect is unique for them.
Edmond Police spokesperson Jenny Monroe said, “This is pretty unusual. It’s very specific. Specifically, he goes for steaks and crab legs. He loads the cart up.”
Overhead surveillance cameras captured this man in a black hat, filling his cart with expensive meat and seafood.
The bold bandit rolls the premium food past the check stands and out the double doors.
An accomplice is waiting in a white or silver, newer model Dodge Charger or Avenger.
They made a clean getaway twice in consecutive days.
He returned for a third attempt but alert store security chased him out.
According to Monroe, “Probably the first and second times he didn’t realize they caught him on camera and were a actually watching. The third time he figured out he was being watched.”
Detectives said he clearly has an appetite for crime.
This suspect may not be brazen enough to return to this Edmond Homeland but if he’s not captured, authorities said they believe the steak and crab crook will likely surface somewhere else.
He’s already escaped with nearly $2,000 worth of crab legs and meat.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property