Edmond man arrested for tattooing minors | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – An Edmond man is facing serious charges after investigators said he tattooed a 15-year-old girl.
Ambrosia Thomas, 32, also known as A.J. Holman, was arrested Tuesday for tattooing a child under 18.
According to police, three Guthrie teens got a tattoo from him after telling their parents they were going to the movies.
Instead, investigators said they went Thomas’s home.
The teen’s parents were stunned, saying she is usually straight A student and follows rules.
The 15-year-old girl said the man didn’t ask her age until he was halfway into the tattoo.
“Someone that’s gong to touch a minor like that, they’re a scum bag,” Tisha King said. “It’s wrong. It’s illegal. It’s unethical.”
King owns Atomic Lotus Tattoo Shop.
Complete with a bio-hazard room and sanitation products, her business looks more like a doctor’s clinic.
Hearing of anything less, scares her.
“If you are tattooing out of a hotel room or a house, you don’t understand cross contamination,” King said. “You do not fear hepatitis and you’re a danger to everyone you come in contact with and everyone that is in your kitchen.”
Her artists can spend nearly half an hour sanitizing a room before a tattoo.
“I like to bag everything that way it keeps my equipment clean and keeps the customer clean,” tattoo artist Kim Marks said.
Illnesses aside, King said all artists should know it’s illegal to tattoo minors.
“No questions asked,” King said. “Even if their mom is here.”
Online, Thomas’s business goes by the name Unrivaled Ink.
However, there is no address or contact information on the site.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel