Police: Thief cleans out military man’s home | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – A metro man who has spent most of his life serving our community is now asking for your help after thousands of dollars worth of his property was stolen.
More than $16,000 worth of items were stolen right out of his Edmond home on N. 30th St. including tools, electronics, furniture.
Jeremy Wood was remodeling the house with his wife.
“It was a little disheartening,” he said. “It gave me a kind of that gut feeling when you go in there and your stuff is missing.”
The stuff closest to the Tinker Firefighter’s heart was his Air National Guard uniforms from 21 years of service, baby gifts and fire hats.
“Fire department’s always been a calling for me and going out to help people that are less fortunate than I am or my family is,” he said.
However, the thief’s calling to the house, unlocked doors.
The home was for sale or rent and according to the police report, several Realtors showed the home and possibly forget to lock up.
Aaron Marshall lives next door.
He looked through the home with a Realtor months ago and said whoever stole from Wood had to know they were taking from a man who serves our community.
“I went in there and it looked like he was a fireman for a long time and he could have been putting out a fire at the person’s house who stole all his stuff,” Marshall said.
While Wood is out thousands of dollars, he said it’s the sentimental items he wants back.
“It’s not really about the money, it’s about the memories that were built with some of that.”
If you can help or know anything about this burglary, call Edmond police immediately.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel