Edmond teen arrested for indecent exposure | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – The first report came last November. An employee of an Edmond salon stepped outside for a “smoke break” when she spotted a teenager in a black hoodie and red plaid pajama pants.
To her surprise, he exposed himself.
Edmond Police Officer James Hamm said, “Over the last few months, we’ve gotten reports of a male seen in public exposing himself.”
A second, equally disturbing report came from a neighborhood park in February.
He was literally almost caught with his pants down.
A female jogger was running through the park and spotted the young man, playing with himself.
According to the police report, she looked him straight in the eye and said “you better run.”
She chased him but had to stop after tripping on a mound of dirt and injuring her foot.
The suspect escaped but police said he surfaced this week.
A woman and her 9-year-old daughter witnessed his inappropriate behavior near Orvis Riesner Elementary School and quickly called police.
Hamm said, “Officers were close by and stopped him. They said they recognized the clothes as the same from another incident.”
The 14-year-old boy told authorities he had done nothing wrong.
He claims he was adjusting himself and “it slipped out.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed