Edmond teen arrested for indecent exposure | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – The first report came last November. An employee of an Edmond salon stepped outside for a “smoke break” when she spotted a teenager in a black hoodie and red plaid pajama pants.
To her surprise, he exposed himself.
Edmond Police Officer James Hamm said, “Over the last few months, we’ve gotten reports of a male seen in public exposing himself.”
A second, equally disturbing report came from a neighborhood park in February.
He was literally almost caught with his pants down.
A female jogger was running through the park and spotted the young man, playing with himself.
According to the police report, she looked him straight in the eye and said “you better run.”
She chased him but had to stop after tripping on a mound of dirt and injuring her foot.
The suspect escaped but police said he surfaced this week.
A woman and her 9-year-old daughter witnessed his inappropriate behavior near Orvis Riesner Elementary School and quickly called police.
Hamm said, “Officers were close by and stopped him. They said they recognized the clothes as the same from another incident.”
The 14-year-old boy told authorities he had done nothing wrong.
He claims he was adjusting himself and “it slipped out.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder