Edmond man arrested for human trafficking | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – An Edmond man has been arrested for human trafficking at an Edmond hotel Thursday night.
Authorities took 21-year-old Joshua Hudson into custody at the Broadway Suites hotel near 15th St. and S. Broadway.
Oklahoma City police said they had been seeking an underage pregnant girl and spotted her online.
A meeting was arranged with an undercover officer and then the young woman was taken into protective custody.
Allegedly Hudson was waiting for the juvenile in his vehicle with possibly one other person.
Police said they were using electronics to monitor the activities in the hotel room.
Investigators said they believe Hudson coerced the girl into prostitution.
Police also arrested a juvenile male.
They said he had a baggie of marijuana on him and was helping Hudson.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Clean Sweep: Police searching for armed robbers who stole from local laundry mat
- Traffic stop leads to arrest, discovery of dozens of pounds of marijuana
- Preparing for prom? Local organization giving away dresses for free
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique