Edmond man arrested for human trafficking | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – An Edmond man has been arrested for human trafficking at an Edmond hotel Thursday night.
Authorities took 21-year-old Joshua Hudson into custody at the Broadway Suites hotel near 15th St. and S. Broadway.
Oklahoma City police said they had been seeking an underage pregnant girl and spotted her online.
A meeting was arranged with an undercover officer and then the young woman was taken into protective custody.
Allegedly Hudson was waiting for the juvenile in his vehicle with possibly one other person.
Police said they were using electronics to monitor the activities in the hotel room.
Investigators said they believe Hudson coerced the girl into prostitution.
Police also arrested a juvenile male.
They said he had a baggie of marijuana on him and was helping Hudson.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes