Jealous brother attacks sibling over Mother’s Day card | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Call it a case of sibling rivalry; Edmond Police said two brothers were competing for the attention of their mother.
Officer James Hamm said, “It’s Mother’s Day and one is trying to impress the mother and the other didn’t like that. It ended with somebody going to jail and somebody in the hospital.”
Police said the fight stemmed from a greeting card.
Stephen Washa, 37, asked his 40-year-old brother, Jasper, to sign a Mother’s Day card.
The report states, “Jasper was jealous of his relationship with their parents … became angry about the card.”
According to police, the older brother unleashed a relentless barrage of punches and the assault didn’t stop there.
Jasper allegedly picked up a glass bottle of rum and repeatedly struck his sibling until the “bottle broke on Stephen’s head.”
Stephen suffered a large gash over his eye.
In the end, Mom may be the real victim according to Officer Hamm, “One son goes to the hospital, one goes to jail and mom is left with a card and that’s about it.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan