Jealous brother attacks sibling over Mother’s Day card | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Call it a case of sibling rivalry; Edmond Police said two brothers were competing for the attention of their mother.
Officer James Hamm said, “It’s Mother’s Day and one is trying to impress the mother and the other didn’t like that. It ended with somebody going to jail and somebody in the hospital.”
Police said the fight stemmed from a greeting card.
Stephen Washa, 37, asked his 40-year-old brother, Jasper, to sign a Mother’s Day card.
The report states, “Jasper was jealous of his relationship with their parents … became angry about the card.”
According to police, the older brother unleashed a relentless barrage of punches and the assault didn’t stop there.
Jasper allegedly picked up a glass bottle of rum and repeatedly struck his sibling until the “bottle broke on Stephen’s head.”
Stephen suffered a large gash over his eye.
In the end, Mom may be the real victim according to Officer Hamm, “One son goes to the hospital, one goes to jail and mom is left with a card and that’s about it.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff