Jealous brother attacks sibling over Mother’s Day card | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Call it a case of sibling rivalry; Edmond Police said two brothers were competing for the attention of their mother.
Officer James Hamm said, “It’s Mother’s Day and one is trying to impress the mother and the other didn’t like that. It ended with somebody going to jail and somebody in the hospital.”
Police said the fight stemmed from a greeting card.
Stephen Washa, 37, asked his 40-year-old brother, Jasper, to sign a Mother’s Day card.
The report states, “Jasper was jealous of his relationship with their parents … became angry about the card.”
According to police, the older brother unleashed a relentless barrage of punches and the assault didn’t stop there.
Jasper allegedly picked up a glass bottle of rum and repeatedly struck his sibling until the “bottle broke on Stephen’s head.”
Stephen suffered a large gash over his eye.
In the end, Mom may be the real victim according to Officer Hamm, “One son goes to the hospital, one goes to jail and mom is left with a card and that’s about it.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs
- Crews respond to house fire in Northwest Oklahoma City
- 14 arrested in local prostitution sting
- UPDATE: Authorities cancel Silver Alert for missing woman