Edmond homeowner kills man breaking into home | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Officials have identified a man killed after they said he broke into an Edmond home early Saturday morning.
Authorities said Marlow Dewayne Wilson, Jr. broke into the Edmond house on the 1900 block of Cobblestone Ct. and the homeowner shot him just after 4 a.m.
Emergency responders said Wilson was dead when they arrived.
Authorities are working to determine if there is any connection between the two men or if the break-in was random.
Edmond police said Wilson, Jr. had lived in an apartment near the neighborhood for about a month before the home invasion.
Police said they are not looking for an accomplice at this time.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- One injured in Guthrie school bus accident; no children on board
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers warns to check flights before heading to airport
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog