Edmond homeowner kills man breaking into home | Crime
EDMOND, Okla. – Officials have identified a man killed after they said he broke into an Edmond home early Saturday morning.
Authorities said Marlow Dewayne Wilson, Jr. broke into the Edmond house on the 1900 block of Cobblestone Ct. and the homeowner shot him just after 4 a.m.
Emergency responders said Wilson was dead when they arrived.
Authorities are working to determine if there is any connection between the two men or if the break-in was random.
Edmond police said Wilson, Jr. had lived in an apartment near the neighborhood for about a month before the home invasion.
Police said they are not looking for an accomplice at this time.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown