2.7 magnitude quake hits Edmond | Environment
There was a little bit of moving and shaking going on in Edmond Tuesday afternoon.
The Oklahoma Geological Survey reported a 2.7-magnitude earthquake just before 1 p.m. near Sorghum Mill and Coltrain in Edmond.
So far, there are no reports of damage.
Earthquakes with a magnitude between 2.5 and 3.0 are generally the smallest felt by humans.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- One injured in Guthrie school bus accident; no children on board
- Alpacas blast off in Guthrie this weekend
- Salvation Army gets mysterious and generous gold coin donation
- Police asking help identifying man accused in series of Oklahoma City robberies
- Oklahoma Turnpike Authority has new road-clearing weapon ready for predicted winter storms
- Parents calling for more security after teen says she was jumped following school basketball game
- Police car crashes while following suspect through OKC, one in custody
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway
- Crews investigating cause of S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, woman escaped flames
- Bags of dead dogs dumped in rural Okla. neighborhood