Edmond looking to add to fire department | Families
While the population of Edmond continues to grow, officials say their staff needs to increase as well.
The Edmond Fire Department is looking for highly motivated people to join their squad.
Applicants must be at least 18-years-old, meet all requirements of the Oklahoma Firefighters Pension and Retirement system and possess a high school diploma.
Those interested in the position must also have a driving record that is acceptable to the city's insurance carrier, a valid driver's license and no felony convictions.
Applicants will be required to pass a written test, a physical ability/agility test, polygraph examination and the state required physical examination.
Those who are hired must also be able to obtain National Registry as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic within 18 months of the hiring date.
Base salary will be $3,738.10 per month, after completion of the recruit academy training.
Applications will be accepted until Dec. 21 at 5 p.m.
They may be submitted online or at the Edmond Fire Department Administration Office, located at 5300 E. Covell in Edmond.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- Firefighters using extreme caution battling raging house fire with ammunition inside
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan