Task force hosts suicide prevention summit | Families
A group in Edmond is hoping to reach out to the community to try and save a few lives through a suicide prevention summit.
Due to the recent reports of suicides and attempted suicides in the area, parents and professionals are teaming up to spread the word on how to help those you love in their time of need.
The Edmond Suicide Prevention Task Force consists of members of the Edmond Police Department, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond Public Schools, mental health care agencies and counselors from across the metro.
The group is teaming up to host the Edmond Community Suicide Prevention Summit on Monday, Nov. 5 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at UCO's Center for Transformative Learning building.
Organizers say they hope to prevent future suicides by providing the information and resources needed to get help.
The summit is open for all residents in the surrounding communities but is not recommended for children.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property