U.S. Senior Open drives Okla. into national golf spotlight | Golf
Title (Max 100 Characters)
EDMOND, Okla. – The 2014 U.S. Senior Open to be held at Oak Tree National in Edmond propels the Sooner State into the national golf spotlight.
More than 140,000 people are expected to attend the event slated for July 7 through 13.
“Oak Tree National is all about golf,” U.S.G.A.’s Tim Flaherty said.
More than 3,000 volunteers will be needed to help host this exciting event.
Go to www.2014ussenioropen.com for more and watch sports with Bob Barry Jr. at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on News Channel 4.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff