U.S. Senior Open drives Okla. into national golf spotlight | Golf
Title (Max 100 Characters)
EDMOND, Okla. – The 2014 U.S. Senior Open to be held at Oak Tree National in Edmond propels the Sooner State into the national golf spotlight.
More than 140,000 people are expected to attend the event slated for July 7 through 13.
“Oak Tree National is all about golf,” U.S.G.A.’s Tim Flaherty said.
More than 3,000 volunteers will be needed to help host this exciting event.
Go to www.2014ussenioropen.com for more and watch sports with Bob Barry Jr. at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on News Channel 4.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement