Driver finds body along Edmond freeway | News
EDMOND, Okla.—Authorities in Edmond are still trying to figure out what happened that led to a man’s body being discovered along the side of a busy highway.
A gruesome discovery brought traffic to a halt Saturday morning.
A motorist saw the body of a man lying along I-35, between Danforth and Covell, just after 4 a.m.
Jenny Monroe, with the Edmond Police Department, said, “We had one lane, one northbound lane of I-35 shut down so we could have our crews and everything out there. So we opened that up around 8:45 a.m.”
Police say the victim is a Hispanic male but are still working to find out his identity.
Detectives are also trying to learn whether the man was killed along the highway or if his body was dumped after the fact.
So far, authorities say they don’t know how he died but suspect that he is the victim of murder.
Monroe said, “The medical examiner is going to have to determine his cause of death and then we will be able to go from there.”
Police are reviewing evidence but so far, no witnesses have come forward.
If you have any information on the crime, call Edmond Police.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff