Driver finds body along Edmond freeway | News
EDMOND, Okla.—Authorities in Edmond are still trying to figure out what happened that led to a man’s body being discovered along the side of a busy highway.
A gruesome discovery brought traffic to a halt Saturday morning.
A motorist saw the body of a man lying along I-35, between Danforth and Covell, just after 4 a.m.
Jenny Monroe, with the Edmond Police Department, said, “We had one lane, one northbound lane of I-35 shut down so we could have our crews and everything out there. So we opened that up around 8:45 a.m.”
Police say the victim is a Hispanic male but are still working to find out his identity.
Detectives are also trying to learn whether the man was killed along the highway or if his body was dumped after the fact.
So far, authorities say they don’t know how he died but suspect that he is the victim of murder.
Monroe said, “The medical examiner is going to have to determine his cause of death and then we will be able to go from there.”
Police are reviewing evidence but so far, no witnesses have come forward.
If you have any information on the crime, call Edmond Police.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs
- Crews respond to house fire in Northwest Oklahoma City
- 14 arrested in local prostitution sting
- UPDATE: Authorities cancel Silver Alert for missing woman