Driver finds body along Edmond freeway | News
EDMOND, Okla.—Authorities in Edmond are still trying to figure out what happened that led to a man’s body being discovered along the side of a busy highway.
A gruesome discovery brought traffic to a halt Saturday morning.
A motorist saw the body of a man lying along I-35, between Danforth and Covell, just after 4 a.m.
Jenny Monroe, with the Edmond Police Department, said, “We had one lane, one northbound lane of I-35 shut down so we could have our crews and everything out there. So we opened that up around 8:45 a.m.”
Police say the victim is a Hispanic male but are still working to find out his identity.
Detectives are also trying to learn whether the man was killed along the highway or if his body was dumped after the fact.
So far, authorities say they don’t know how he died but suspect that he is the victim of murder.
Monroe said, “The medical examiner is going to have to determine his cause of death and then we will be able to go from there.”
Police are reviewing evidence but so far, no witnesses have come forward.
If you have any information on the crime, call Edmond Police.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder