“Rookie” on the mend after surgery | News
STILLWATER, Okla.– A German Shepard who was thrown off an overpass along I-40 is recovering from extensive surgery.
Last week, a state trooper found the dog suffering from multiple injuries and rushed him to the Deer Creek Animal Hospital.
Veterinarians soon learned that “Rookie” was suffering from a shattered leg, which required surgery.
The dog was transferred to the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences at Oklahoma State University to undergo further treatment.
Doctors tell us “Rookie’s” surgery went well but they also discovered that his knee cap was also fractured.
They say that while the injury required a few more pins, he is still expected to be released from the clinic on Monday.
So far, no arrests have been made in the case.
The Humane Society of the United States is offering up to a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the person responsible for the crime.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel