“Rookie” on the mend after surgery | News
STILLWATER, Okla.– A German Shepard who was thrown off an overpass along I-40 is recovering from extensive surgery.
Last week, a state trooper found the dog suffering from multiple injuries and rushed him to the Deer Creek Animal Hospital.
Veterinarians soon learned that “Rookie” was suffering from a shattered leg, which required surgery.
The dog was transferred to the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences at Oklahoma State University to undergo further treatment.
Doctors tell us “Rookie’s” surgery went well but they also discovered that his knee cap was also fractured.
They say that while the injury required a few more pins, he is still expected to be released from the clinic on Monday.
So far, no arrests have been made in the case.
The Humane Society of the United States is offering up to a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the person responsible for the crime.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- NEW: One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum