Police familiar with OKC doctor murdered inside home | News
OKLAHOMA CITY–A metro doctor found murdered inside his own home has police searching for clues to find a suspect.
Police say 58-year-old Deepak Bhasin called 911 around 7:30 Tuesday night saying he had been attacked.
By the time police arrived at his home at 15800 San Nicholas Drive, Bhasin was already dead.
Authorities say they were already familiar with Bhasin.
Bhasin had several run ins with Oklahoma City police and had been arrested on charges like public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
Bhasin had a website – www.policebrutalityoklahomacity.com - dedicated to stopping what he called police brutality in Oklahoma City.
On that website, he has several videos re-enacting his run-ins with police.
Bhasin also was in a fight with his neighborhood association.
The Sonoma Gardens Neighborhood Association had filed an injunction against Bhasin in court claiming he wasn’t abiding by the by-laws.
Several neighbors filed affidavits saying Bhasin had verbally threatened them, had veered his car at residents as if meaning to hit them and one resident said he showed up at her house completely nude and she had to call police.
Also in those court papers, it says Bhasin’s sister-in-law informed the neighborhood association that Bhasin suffered from mental illness.
Bhasin was at one time a general practice doctor and also practiced internal medicine, although he had not been practicing for some time.
Police have no suspects in his murder.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel