Donation puts plans for UCO boathouse in motion | News
EDMOND, Okla.—A large donation is helping one university move forward with its plans to build a boathouse on the Oklahoma River.
MidFirst Bank recently donated $2.5 million to the University of Central Oklahoma Foundation for the CHK/Central Boathouse.
The boathouse will be the home of the Central women’s rowing team and will also include a live music venue, outdoor performance area and an art gallery.
The gift completes the university’s fundraising initiative for the project.
No word on when construction on the boathouse will begin.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes