Donation puts plans for UCO boathouse in motion | News
EDMOND, Okla.—A large donation is helping one university move forward with its plans to build a boathouse on the Oklahoma River.
MidFirst Bank recently donated $2.5 million to the University of Central Oklahoma Foundation for the CHK/Central Boathouse.
The boathouse will be the home of the Central women’s rowing team and will also include a live music venue, outdoor performance area and an art gallery.
The gift completes the university’s fundraising initiative for the project.
No word on when construction on the boathouse will begin.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property