Donation puts plans for UCO boathouse in motion | News
EDMOND, Okla.—A large donation is helping one university move forward with its plans to build a boathouse on the Oklahoma River.
MidFirst Bank recently donated $2.5 million to the University of Central Oklahoma Foundation for the CHK/Central Boathouse.
The boathouse will be the home of the Central women’s rowing team and will also include a live music venue, outdoor performance area and an art gallery.
The gift completes the university’s fundraising initiative for the project.
No word on when construction on the boathouse will begin.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder