Goodwill attempted burglar caught on camera | News
EDMOND, Okla.—Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a woman who is accused of going through a lot of trouble to break into a Goodwill store.
The day after Christmas, officers were called to Goodwill in reference to a burglary.
Once they arrived, they learned a suspect had broken into the store through the rear loading dock door.
Officials say at the time, the alarm sensors on the door did not work and a bar that normally locks the door was on the floor.
Police found paint scratches where the suspect used an object to pry the door open.
Once inside the store, the burglar attempted to break into the safe in the office.
The tip of a screwdriver had broken off, preventing her from accessing the safe.
The would-be thief also attempted to break into a couple of vending machines in the store.
While those machines suffered a bit of damage, there was no money taken.
The suspect was caught on Goodwill’s surveillance system.
She is described as a dark-haired white woman wearing a white sweatshirt, dark pants and brown boots.
If you have any information on the crime, call Edmond police.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 14 arrested in local prostitution sting
- SILVER ALERT: Authorities looking for missing woman, 66
- Semi accident seriously injures at least one on I-40 EB near south MLK Ave.
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores