Rates on the rise for spring cleaning | News
EDMOND, Okla.—Spring cleaning is just around the corner but you may want to hurry and clear out those large items before the end of the month.
Residents in Edmond are able to drop off large, bulky items that won’t fit inside a trash can to the city’s transfer station.
However, rates for dropping off items are on the rise beginning Feb. 1.
Officials say the rate for disposing of large items has gone up, so the increase is passed on to the transfer center.
Edmond citizens will receive a discounted rate when dropping off items with a utility bill for proof of residency and a valid driver’s license.
For more information, visit the city’s website.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel