Man accused of performing sex acts on himself in public | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Edmond Police are searching for a man who they said keeps exposing himself at an area business and park.
A staffer said he stared at her then pulled down his pants and performed a sex act on himself.
The second happened at Whispering Heights Park just a few days ago.
A woman jogging noticed him doing the same thing.
Police said behavior like this only escalates to more dangerous crimes if it’s not stopped.
Officers said they fear this man could really hurt someone if he’s not caught soon.
“These cases often start out as them doing this out in the open but it can escalate to an attack or rape,” Edmond officer James Hamm said. ”He wasn’t trying to hide what he was doing. He was out in the open doing it, trying to draw attention from these women.”
Witnesses describe the suspect as a slender man between 14 and 17 years old, darker skin tone possibly, Hispanic or Native American about 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 weighing between 130 to 145 pounds.
Anyone with information on the suspects identity is asked to call police.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff