Man accused of performing sex acts on himself in public | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Edmond Police are searching for a man who they said keeps exposing himself at an area business and park.
A staffer said he stared at her then pulled down his pants and performed a sex act on himself.
The second happened at Whispering Heights Park just a few days ago.
A woman jogging noticed him doing the same thing.
Police said behavior like this only escalates to more dangerous crimes if it’s not stopped.
Officers said they fear this man could really hurt someone if he’s not caught soon.
“These cases often start out as them doing this out in the open but it can escalate to an attack or rape,” Edmond officer James Hamm said. ”He wasn’t trying to hide what he was doing. He was out in the open doing it, trying to draw attention from these women.”
Witnesses describe the suspect as a slender man between 14 and 17 years old, darker skin tone possibly, Hispanic or Native American about 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 weighing between 130 to 145 pounds.
Anyone with information on the suspects identity is asked to call police.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property