Man accused of performing sex acts on himself in public | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Edmond Police are searching for a man who they said keeps exposing himself at an area business and park.
A staffer said he stared at her then pulled down his pants and performed a sex act on himself.
The second happened at Whispering Heights Park just a few days ago.
A woman jogging noticed him doing the same thing.
Police said behavior like this only escalates to more dangerous crimes if it’s not stopped.
Officers said they fear this man could really hurt someone if he’s not caught soon.
“These cases often start out as them doing this out in the open but it can escalate to an attack or rape,” Edmond officer James Hamm said. ”He wasn’t trying to hide what he was doing. He was out in the open doing it, trying to draw attention from these women.”
Witnesses describe the suspect as a slender man between 14 and 17 years old, darker skin tone possibly, Hispanic or Native American about 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8 weighing between 130 to 145 pounds.
Anyone with information on the suspects identity is asked to call police.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement