Broadway Ext. open after head-on crash | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Both lanes of southbound traffic on I-235 were closed to drivers heading into downtown Oklahoma City for most of the morning commute after a serious head-on collision.
About 3:30 a.m. Friday police say a driver got onto Broadway Extension going the wrong way.
The driver of a white van was going north in the southbound lanes when that van crashed into a taxi.
The van flipped onto it’s top; the driver was trapped 20 minutes until firefighters could free him from the wreckage.
The taxi driver was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
There was a passenger in the taxi cab who was also injured.
According to police on the scene, the Oklahoma City PD fatality investigation team was on the scene gathering information in case one of the victims dies from their injuries.
Between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. southbound I-235 traffic was diverted at NE 63rd Street.
All lanes of Broadway Extension traffic opened about 7:15 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel