Broadway Ext. open after head-on crash | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Both lanes of southbound traffic on I-235 were closed to drivers heading into downtown Oklahoma City for most of the morning commute after a serious head-on collision.
About 3:30 a.m. Friday police say a driver got onto Broadway Extension going the wrong way.
The driver of a white van was going north in the southbound lanes when that van crashed into a taxi.
The van flipped onto it’s top; the driver was trapped 20 minutes until firefighters could free him from the wreckage.
The taxi driver was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
There was a passenger in the taxi cab who was also injured.
According to police on the scene, the Oklahoma City PD fatality investigation team was on the scene gathering information in case one of the victims dies from their injuries.
Between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. southbound I-235 traffic was diverted at NE 63rd Street.
All lanes of Broadway Extension traffic opened about 7:15 a.m.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured