Grocery stores packed ahead of winter weather | News
EDMOND, Okla. – As the snow began approaching the metro, grocery stores became packed.
Food was flying off the shelves.
People flocked to stores across the metro grabbing whatever they can to make sure whatever happens, they’ll be well fed.
Dale Brooks, Crest Operations Manager, said, “We’re seeing lots of people in the store.”
Shopper Annette Siegel said, “Getting some last-minute things preparing for the weather to get bad.”
From milk to bread and bottled water, Edmond residents were stocking up at Crest.
Sunday was the busiest day this store has seen in some time.
Brooks said, “Sunday they just came all day long from early, early to late, late.”
All 21 registers were open, getting customers in and out as quickly as possible.
Meanwhile, store employees are working as fast as they can to keep everything stocked, with new shipments coming in Sunday and Monday evening.
Managers said patience will be the key if you still have plans to hit the store.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed