Grocery stores packed ahead of winter weather | News
EDMOND, Okla. – As the snow began approaching the metro, grocery stores became packed.
Food was flying off the shelves.
People flocked to stores across the metro grabbing whatever they can to make sure whatever happens, they’ll be well fed.
Dale Brooks, Crest Operations Manager, said, “We’re seeing lots of people in the store.”
Shopper Annette Siegel said, “Getting some last-minute things preparing for the weather to get bad.”
From milk to bread and bottled water, Edmond residents were stocking up at Crest.
Sunday was the busiest day this store has seen in some time.
Brooks said, “Sunday they just came all day long from early, early to late, late.”
All 21 registers were open, getting customers in and out as quickly as possible.
Meanwhile, store employees are working as fast as they can to keep everything stocked, with new shipments coming in Sunday and Monday evening.
Managers said patience will be the key if you still have plans to hit the store.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel