Workers power through to get electricity back on | News
KINGFISHER, Okla. – Power is back on for the residents of Kingfisher and Geary and power should be back on in Watonga Tuesday afternoon.
While street crews are working to clear the roadways, other workers are busy trying to get power back to many residents.
Authorities from Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority announced that service is out for homes in Fairview, Waynoka, Okeene, and Goltry.
Excluding Kingfisher, the total number of customers affected by the outage is 4,919.
Fortunately, relief is on the way as cities that were not affected by the storm are pitching in to help.
Kingfisher has a municipal plant that is currently supplying power to much of the city.
Edmond Electric crews have been called to Okeene to replace damaged poles.
A crew from Purcell Municipal Electric is also on the way to Fairview to help workers replace poles in that area as well.
While restoration work is underway but road conditions are causing issues for those crews.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- Firefighters using extreme caution battling raging house fire with ammunition inside
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan