Workers power through to get electricity back on | News
KINGFISHER, Okla. – Power is back on for the residents of Kingfisher and Geary and power should be back on in Watonga Tuesday afternoon.
While street crews are working to clear the roadways, other workers are busy trying to get power back to many residents.
Authorities from Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority announced that service is out for homes in Fairview, Waynoka, Okeene, and Goltry.
Excluding Kingfisher, the total number of customers affected by the outage is 4,919.
Fortunately, relief is on the way as cities that were not affected by the storm are pitching in to help.
Kingfisher has a municipal plant that is currently supplying power to much of the city.
Edmond Electric crews have been called to Okeene to replace damaged poles.
A crew from Purcell Municipal Electric is also on the way to Fairview to help workers replace poles in that area as well.
While restoration work is underway but road conditions are causing issues for those crews.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed