Gas leak evacuates car dealershiop | News
EDMOND, Okla.—There were some tense moments Friday afternoon as a gas leak forced the evacuation of a metro car dealership.
Officials say a back hoe was being used near the Edmond Hyundai dealership when it struck a gas line.
Crews were called to the dealership just after 1 p.m.
As a precaution, the building was evacuated while the leak was being fixed.
We’re told it didn’t take long and everything is back to normal at this hour.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NEW: Two in custody after high speed chase with RV
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan