Okla. teens receive prestigious appointment | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Two Edmond North students received a prestigious appointment Thursday.
Wayne Cobb and Daniel Reape have been accepted to West Point Military Academy.
School officials said they are believed to be the first two Oklahoma students to be given an academic appointment.
The teens have been working hard throughout their high school careers, focusing not only on their grades but their leadership skills as well.
Reape said, “It’s one of the top schools in the nation and there’s lots of tradition at West Point and also it’s, I’m honored to serve my country once I graduate in four years.”
Cobb said, “It’s a huge weight off my shoulders that I got it and that it’s not only a free education but it’s a great education that has amazing opportunities afterwards.”
A West Point Academy appointment adds up to about a $400,000 scholarship.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel