Okla. teens receive prestigious appointment | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Two Edmond North students received a prestigious appointment Thursday.
Wayne Cobb and Daniel Reape have been accepted to West Point Military Academy.
School officials said they are believed to be the first two Oklahoma students to be given an academic appointment.
The teens have been working hard throughout their high school careers, focusing not only on their grades but their leadership skills as well.
Reape said, “It’s one of the top schools in the nation and there’s lots of tradition at West Point and also it’s, I’m honored to serve my country once I graduate in four years.”
Cobb said, “It’s a huge weight off my shoulders that I got it and that it’s not only a free education but it’s a great education that has amazing opportunities afterwards.”
A West Point Academy appointment adds up to about a $400,000 scholarship.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes