Okla. teens receive prestigious appointment | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Two Edmond North students received a prestigious appointment Thursday.
Wayne Cobb and Daniel Reape have been accepted to West Point Military Academy.
School officials said they are believed to be the first two Oklahoma students to be given an academic appointment.
The teens have been working hard throughout their high school careers, focusing not only on their grades but their leadership skills as well.
Reape said, “It’s one of the top schools in the nation and there’s lots of tradition at West Point and also it’s, I’m honored to serve my country once I graduate in four years.”
Cobb said, “It’s a huge weight off my shoulders that I got it and that it’s not only a free education but it’s a great education that has amazing opportunities afterwards.”
A West Point Academy appointment adds up to about a $400,000 scholarship.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover