Milk “bombs” exploding at metro grocery stores | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Flying milk and flailing arms is the latest viral video with nearly 3 million hits on YouTube.
Shopper Sean Sweet said, “They grab two gallons of milk, jump into the air and fall on the ground. That’s about it. Scares a bunch of people on the aisle.”
Recently, three copycats pulled the stunt at the Walmart at Danforth and Santa Fe.
The Pranksters can be seen exploding milk jugs on the floor and pretending to slip on the liquid.
Not only is it destructive, but milk bombs can be downright terrifying to unsuspecting shoppers.
Sweet said, “Pretty stupid actually. What’s the point? Wasting milk and scaring the crap out of somebody?”
Investigators are scouring the internet for the milk bomb vandals.
Many times the “milk smashers” foolishly post their stunts on the internet for all the world to see.
“The idea is to get all the glory on YouTube,” Edmond Police spokesperson Jenny Monroe said. “But we don’t see the humor in it. It’s vandalism. It’s a pain for the stores where it is happening. We are going to investigate. I think people forget with technology your every move is being watched.”
Police would like to talk to three young men, possibly teenagers about the Edmond prank.
They were caught on camera leaving in a black truck.
This YouTube video is an example of the milk bomb prank. These are not the individuals the police would like to speak to about the Edmond pranks.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes