Fallen soldier makes final journey home to Edmond | News
EDMOND, Okla. – An Oklahoma solider made his final journey home.
The body of Staff Sgt. Rex Schad returned to Wiley Post Airport Monday morning.
Schad was killed in action March 11 in Afghanistan while on a routine patrol with Afghanistan police.
He was serving out of Ft. Benning, Georgia, but lived in Oklahoma most of his life and graduated from Edmond Memorial High School.
Services will start at 2 p.m. Thursday at Life Church in Edmond.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder