Fallen soldier makes final journey home to Edmond | News
EDMOND, Okla. – An Oklahoma solider made his final journey home.
The body of Staff Sgt. Rex Schad returned to Wiley Post Airport Monday morning.
Schad was killed in action March 11 in Afghanistan while on a routine patrol with Afghanistan police.
He was serving out of Ft. Benning, Georgia, but lived in Oklahoma most of his life and graduated from Edmond Memorial High School.
Services will start at 2 p.m. Thursday at Life Church in Edmond.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed