Fallen soldier makes final journey home to Edmond | News
EDMOND, Okla. – An Oklahoma solider made his final journey home.
The body of Staff Sgt. Rex Schad returned to Wiley Post Airport Monday morning.
Schad was killed in action March 11 in Afghanistan while on a routine patrol with Afghanistan police.
He was serving out of Ft. Benning, Georgia, but lived in Oklahoma most of his life and graduated from Edmond Memorial High School.
Services will start at 2 p.m. Thursday at Life Church in Edmond.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property