Fallen soldier makes final journey home to Edmond | News
EDMOND, Okla. – An Oklahoma solider made his final journey home.
The body of Staff Sgt. Rex Schad returned to Wiley Post Airport Monday morning.
Schad was killed in action March 11 in Afghanistan while on a routine patrol with Afghanistan police.
He was serving out of Ft. Benning, Georgia, but lived in Oklahoma most of his life and graduated from Edmond Memorial High School.
Services will start at 2 p.m. Thursday at Life Church in Edmond.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- UPDATE: Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- UPDATE: Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged car thief
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed