“Car-surfing” teens thrown from SUV, rushed to hospital | News
EDMOND, Okla. – A dangerous stunt leaves two teenagers in critical condition.
The teens were “car-surfing” on the hood of a vehicle when they were thrown off, Edmond Police said.
The accident happened in a neighborhood near 15th St. and Bryant Friday night.
Edmond Police spokeswoman Jenny Monroe said the SUV was traveling close to 40 mph when the teens were tossed off the hood of the vehicle.
“They said they were ‘car-surfing’ through the neighborhood so they were seeing how fast they could go with two people on top of the vehicle,” Monroe said.
One of the teens suffered a severe head injury.
Both teens were taken to a nearby hospital.
Police said a 15 year old was behind the wheel of the SUV.
Investigators are now questioning several teens who were inside the vehicle at the time of the accident.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel