“Car-surfing” teens thrown from SUV, rushed to hospital | News
EDMOND, Okla. – A dangerous stunt leaves two teenagers in critical condition.
The teens were “car-surfing” on the hood of a vehicle when they were thrown off, Edmond Police said.
The accident happened in a neighborhood near 15th St. and Bryant Friday night.
Edmond Police spokeswoman Jenny Monroe said the SUV was traveling close to 40 mph when the teens were tossed off the hood of the vehicle.
“They said they were ‘car-surfing’ through the neighborhood so they were seeing how fast they could go with two people on top of the vehicle,” Monroe said.
One of the teens suffered a severe head injury.
Both teens were taken to a nearby hospital.
Police said a 15 year old was behind the wheel of the SUV.
Investigators are now questioning several teens who were inside the vehicle at the time of the accident.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum