Authorities: Edmond teen high at time of fatal accident | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Authorities have confirmed and Edmond teen who died in a fatal accident last month was high from huffing a can of compressed air, the type used to clean computer keyboards.
Landon Burger, 18, died in a car wreck about a month ago on Conltrane Rd.
His Jeep swerved into a ravine, hit trees and flipped.
Burger played football for Yukon high school before moving to Edmond.
A toxicology report indicates Burger had Difluoro-ethane in his blood at the time of the crash.
It’s a refrigerant commonly used in cans of compressed air.
Authorities said they believe he may have lost consciousness behind the wheel due to extreme intoxication.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel