SUV flipped in accident with Edmond police car | News
EDMOND, Okla. - A police officer responding to a call hit a woman’s car, which then flipped before coming to rest upside down against a utility pole Thursday afternoon.
It happened on Covell Rd. between Bryant and Coltrane.
The woman driving the car escaped with minor injuries, as did the police officer.
She was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Witnesses said it’s amazing no one was seriously hurt.
Accidents like these hit close to home for one woman who sees this on a daily basis.
Jeff and Janice Jones own Edmond Auto Service and Towing.
They were called out to help clean up the accident.
The job often puts them on edge.
“Every time we get a call we’re afraid that it’s our daughter, who`s 20,” Janie said. “It`s nerve-wracking sometimes.”
“It probably makes me more cautious when I`m driving, especially with people in the car with me,” Jeff said.
Cleaning up today’s wreckage, they said they’re thankful no one was hurt and that their family is safe.
“So far, so good.” Janice said.
The accident is being investigated as a regular traffic accident, despite the involvement of a police car.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Woman arrested for DUI after driving down railroad tracks in Oklahoma City
- New options revealed for to help overcrowding in south Oklahoma City schools
- Crime victim, family upset over stay of execution for Oklahoma murderers
- Memorial Marathon vital to carrying on memorial’s message across the world
- Thunder Trails Memphis At Halftime
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured
- Man burned, family without home after Easter fire
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run