SUV flipped in accident with Edmond police car | News
EDMOND, Okla. - A police officer responding to a call hit a woman’s car, which then flipped before coming to rest upside down against a utility pole Thursday afternoon.
It happened on Covell Rd. between Bryant and Coltrane.
The woman driving the car escaped with minor injuries, as did the police officer.
She was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Witnesses said it’s amazing no one was seriously hurt.
Accidents like these hit close to home for one woman who sees this on a daily basis.
Jeff and Janice Jones own Edmond Auto Service and Towing.
They were called out to help clean up the accident.
The job often puts them on edge.
“Every time we get a call we’re afraid that it’s our daughter, who`s 20,” Janie said. “It`s nerve-wracking sometimes.”
“It probably makes me more cautious when I`m driving, especially with people in the car with me,” Jeff said.
Cleaning up today’s wreckage, they said they’re thankful no one was hurt and that their family is safe.
“So far, so good.” Janice said.
The accident is being investigated as a regular traffic accident, despite the involvement of a police car.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel