UPDATE: Reward offered for arrest after man keys luxury cars | News
UPDATE: The dealership is now offering a $2,500 cash reward for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrator.
OKLAHOMA CITY – A dealership is out more than half a million dollars after a lone man did some serious damage around 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
It happened at Norris Auto Sales on S. Broadway near Kelley.
Owner T.J. Norris said he can’t believe it.
“While everyone was at church, he came up here and walked the lot and keyed 12 of our vehicles,” Norris said.
Those 12 vehicles included some really high end rides; a Maserati, a Porsche and an Escalade.
The footage is painful to watch.
You can see the man walk up to each car and slowly go around it with something like a key.
Then he saunters over to the next car where he repeats this unbelievable action.
Norris said the repair cost is going to be very high.
“What’s disgusting about some of these high lines is, of course, the cost to fix them,” he said. “Some of these will cost us over $10,000 to repaint the car much less looking at the diminished value and now we have a bad Carfax.”
Norris said he hopes someone recognizes the man and can help police track him down.
He said he believes this was all about a twisted thrill and not just a one-time deal.
“I don’t think this was a first or last time,” he said.
Norris also said all of his employees looked at the video and none of them recognized the man as a disgruntled customer.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel