Teens recovering after car surfing accident | News
BETHANY, Okla. – One of the teens critically injured in a car surfing accident was released from the rehabilitation center Wednesday.
Luke Smith was one of two hurt while “car surfing” in Edmond with friends last month.
His doctors said he is lucky to be alive.
Two and a half weeks later, Smith was released from the Children’s Center in Bethany, just in time for his 15 birthday.
His family said they want to share their story so other families might not have to go through what have endured.
The second teen injured suffered a life-threatening brain injury and several broken bones in his face and shoulder.
He is in critical condition; two days ago was the first time he opened his eyes since the accident.
The D.A. will decide whether to file charges against the driver or SUV owner.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property