Teens recovering after car surfing accident | News
BETHANY, Okla. – One of the teens critically injured in a car surfing accident was released from the rehabilitation center Wednesday.
Luke Smith was one of two hurt while “car surfing” in Edmond with friends last month.
His doctors said he is lucky to be alive.
Two and a half weeks later, Smith was released from the Children’s Center in Bethany, just in time for his 15 birthday.
His family said they want to share their story so other families might not have to go through what have endured.
The second teen injured suffered a life-threatening brain injury and several broken bones in his face and shoulder.
He is in critical condition; two days ago was the first time he opened his eyes since the accident.
The D.A. will decide whether to file charges against the driver or SUV owner.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes