Teens recovering after car surfing accident | News
BETHANY, Okla. – One of the teens critically injured in a car surfing accident was released from the rehabilitation center Wednesday.
Luke Smith was one of two hurt while “car surfing” in Edmond with friends last month.
His doctors said he is lucky to be alive.
Two and a half weeks later, Smith was released from the Children’s Center in Bethany, just in time for his 15 birthday.
His family said they want to share their story so other families might not have to go through what have endured.
The second teen injured suffered a life-threatening brain injury and several broken bones in his face and shoulder.
He is in critical condition; two days ago was the first time he opened his eyes since the accident.
The D.A. will decide whether to file charges against the driver or SUV owner.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder