Teens recovering after car surfing accident | News
BETHANY, Okla. – One of the teens critically injured in a car surfing accident was released from the rehabilitation center Wednesday.
Luke Smith was one of two hurt while “car surfing” in Edmond with friends last month.
His doctors said he is lucky to be alive.
Two and a half weeks later, Smith was released from the Children’s Center in Bethany, just in time for his 15 birthday.
His family said they want to share their story so other families might not have to go through what have endured.
The second teen injured suffered a life-threatening brain injury and several broken bones in his face and shoulder.
He is in critical condition; two days ago was the first time he opened his eyes since the accident.
The D.A. will decide whether to file charges against the driver or SUV owner.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel