St. Jude Dream Home comes true in Edmond | News
EDMOND, Okla. – It was a beautiful morning in the Fallbrook neighborhood of Edmond Wednesday.
News Channel 4 along with Timbercraft Homes and generous sponsors were on hand for the floor signing party at the St. Jude Dream Home.
This fun event brings together businesses and sponsors contributing to the building and furnishing of the home before the new owners move in.
Sponsors then write messages of encouragement on the unfinished floor of the home.
“Every year it’s been built done in Edmond,” Ray Hibbard said, St. Jude Dream Home Chair. “We’re proud of that and as the local paper, it’s important for us to be part of that and publicize it. We’re also thankful to all of the sponsors and Timbercraft Homes for what they’ve done.”
Our own Kevin Ogle wrote his message during the floor signing party.
There is some work to be done and the finishing touches will soon be added to this home.
Your opportunity to buy a raffle ticket for the St. Jude Dream Home is coming May 30.
Stay tuned to News Channel 4 in the coming weeks for more information.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes