4 Your Child: Photo app concerning parents | News
You’ve seen it in movies and video games, a message that self-destructs after you read it.
Now a wildly popular app does the same thing, snapchat.
The app claims to delete a message after 10 seconds.
Experts are warning teens that the app could create lasting problems into their futures with a little phone feature called the screenshot.
A quick search online brings up multiple videos on how to take screenshots without the sender knowing.
Tech experts said snapchat also saves the pictures to the device and they can resurface with a few simple keystrokes.
UCO child development professor LaDonna Atkins joined us to discuss what parents should know about the app.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel