4 Your Child: Photo app concerning parents | News
You’ve seen it in movies and video games, a message that self-destructs after you read it.
Now a wildly popular app does the same thing, snapchat.
The app claims to delete a message after 10 seconds.
Experts are warning teens that the app could create lasting problems into their futures with a little phone feature called the screenshot.
A quick search online brings up multiple videos on how to take screenshots without the sender knowing.
Tech experts said snapchat also saves the pictures to the device and they can resurface with a few simple keystrokes.
UCO child development professor LaDonna Atkins joined us to discuss what parents should know about the app.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder