Daring rescue gives duck tale happy ending | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Fox Lake is an oasis for families of geese and ducks.
But recently, a fledgling family of ducklings took an unfortunate detour.
Edmond police spokesperson Jenny Monroe said, “It was a mother duck and she lost her ducklings.”
Frito Lay vender Dennis Frizzell was delivering chips to Walmart early one morning when his truck was halted by the mother duck.
“She was just freaking out,” he said. “She kept trying to get into the drain so I called 911.”
Edmond police officers Josh Smith and Kris Fite were dispatched to the storm drain.
Frizzell said, “One of the officers getting them would hand them to me and I set them in a pond. She stayed under my truck.”
These boys in blue were too shy for our camera but officials said this rescue was above and beyond the call of duty.
According to Monroe, “There are many things we will do and this is an example of something unusual. We are happy to do it.”
A happy ending to this duck tale.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- UPDATE: Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- Man arrested for DUI after Oklahoma City father killed in crash; 5-year-old son uninjured
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured