Daring rescue gives duck tale happy ending | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Fox Lake is an oasis for families of geese and ducks.
But recently, a fledgling family of ducklings took an unfortunate detour.
Edmond police spokesperson Jenny Monroe said, “It was a mother duck and she lost her ducklings.”
Frito Lay vender Dennis Frizzell was delivering chips to Walmart early one morning when his truck was halted by the mother duck.
“She was just freaking out,” he said. “She kept trying to get into the drain so I called 911.”
Edmond police officers Josh Smith and Kris Fite were dispatched to the storm drain.
Frizzell said, “One of the officers getting them would hand them to me and I set them in a pond. She stayed under my truck.”
These boys in blue were too shy for our camera but officials said this rescue was above and beyond the call of duty.
According to Monroe, “There are many things we will do and this is an example of something unusual. We are happy to do it.”
A happy ending to this duck tale.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs
- Crews respond to house fire in Northwest Oklahoma City
- 14 arrested in local prostitution sting
- UPDATE: Authorities cancel Silver Alert for missing woman