Daring rescue gives duck tale happy ending | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Fox Lake is an oasis for families of geese and ducks.
But recently, a fledgling family of ducklings took an unfortunate detour.
Edmond police spokesperson Jenny Monroe said, “It was a mother duck and she lost her ducklings.”
Frito Lay vender Dennis Frizzell was delivering chips to Walmart early one morning when his truck was halted by the mother duck.
“She was just freaking out,” he said. “She kept trying to get into the drain so I called 911.”
Edmond police officers Josh Smith and Kris Fite were dispatched to the storm drain.
Frizzell said, “One of the officers getting them would hand them to me and I set them in a pond. She stayed under my truck.”
These boys in blue were too shy for our camera but officials said this rescue was above and beyond the call of duty.
According to Monroe, “There are many things we will do and this is an example of something unusual. We are happy to do it.”
A happy ending to this duck tale.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel