Tornado rips through Edmond homes, hospital | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Sunday’s string of tornadoes started in Edmond but the town didn’t get the worst of the damage.
The storms continued on to devastate the Wellston and Twin Lakes areas where at least one person has been confirmed dead.
Police in Edmond estimate nearly a dozen homes suffered damage in Sunday’s storms.
The home that sustained the most damage in Edmond is just northeast of 33rd St. and Bryant.
That home lost most of its roof.
The owner of that home rode the storm out with his wife under their steps.
The good news Edmond police said no one in the city reported any major injuries.
“I think my insurance company better get out here,” said Roland Dawson. “I got a roof on this side and that side but the middle of it is just gone.”
Many more homes in Edmond remain without power.
No word when those homes will get their lights turned back on.
[ooyala code="1kcjhyYjoFJerW3XnHmGxmn753Lv1fqQ" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
[ooyala code="VsdDhyYjqmMaDT-aWcCJIBxRkwbYfeMT" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
[ooyala code="5zdTZyYjqvjBF7qO595Fnvw_CeUvfr41" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel