Tornado rips through Edmond homes, hospital | News
EDMOND, Okla. – Sunday’s string of tornadoes started in Edmond but the town didn’t get the worst of the damage.
The storms continued on to devastate the Wellston and Twin Lakes areas where at least one person has been confirmed dead.
Police in Edmond estimate nearly a dozen homes suffered damage in Sunday’s storms.
The home that sustained the most damage in Edmond is just northeast of 33rd St. and Bryant.
That home lost most of its roof.
The owner of that home rode the storm out with his wife under their steps.
The good news Edmond police said no one in the city reported any major injuries.
“I think my insurance company better get out here,” said Roland Dawson. “I got a roof on this side and that side but the middle of it is just gone.”
Many more homes in Edmond remain without power.
No word when those homes will get their lights turned back on.
[ooyala code="1kcjhyYjoFJerW3XnHmGxmn753Lv1fqQ" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
[ooyala code="VsdDhyYjqmMaDT-aWcCJIBxRkwbYfeMT" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
[ooyala code="5zdTZyYjqvjBF7qO595Fnvw_CeUvfr41" player_id="df513009265e4427aaf5f0342a75c90e"]
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- One injured in Guthrie school bus accident; no children on board
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers warns to check flights before heading to airport
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog