Search continues for missing swimmer in Deep Fork River | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – For a second agonizing day search crews were unable to find the body of a man who disappeared in the Deep Fork River.
A 28-year-old man jumped into the water Monday afternoon and never resurfaced.
Search crews were focusing their efforts in an area known as Bullhead Falls.
“It’s a whirlpool,” Luther resident Mike Collins said. “Anything that goes in there, it will pull it down.”
The flow of water from Arcadia Lake had been suspended Monday night in order to help the recovery effort and lower the water level in the river.
Authorities have not released the name of the victim.
The search will resume Wednesday morning.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NEW: One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs