Search continues for missing swimmer in Deep Fork River | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – For a second agonizing day search crews were unable to find the body of a man who disappeared in the Deep Fork River.
A 28-year-old man jumped into the water Monday afternoon and never resurfaced.
Search crews were focusing their efforts in an area known as Bullhead Falls.
“It’s a whirlpool,” Luther resident Mike Collins said. “Anything that goes in there, it will pull it down.”
The flow of water from Arcadia Lake had been suspended Monday night in order to help the recovery effort and lower the water level in the river.
Authorities have not released the name of the victim.
The search will resume Wednesday morning.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed