Search continues for missing swimmer in Deep Fork River | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – For a second agonizing day search crews were unable to find the body of a man who disappeared in the Deep Fork River.
A 28-year-old man jumped into the water Monday afternoon and never resurfaced.
Search crews were focusing their efforts in an area known as Bullhead Falls.
“It’s a whirlpool,” Luther resident Mike Collins said. “Anything that goes in there, it will pull it down.”
The flow of water from Arcadia Lake had been suspended Monday night in order to help the recovery effort and lower the water level in the river.
Authorities have not released the name of the victim.
The search will resume Wednesday morning.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder