Congrats to KFOR reporter Bree Steffen, she said YES! | News
It is now wedding season at News Channel 4.
KFOR-TV reporter Bree Steffen just got engaged.
Her boyfriend, now fiance, Matt Ridley got down on one knee when Bree thought she was shooting a news story downtown. She said yes!
Her photographer suggested they shoot a standup by the canals, and Bree willingly went along with the idea. When she rounded the corner and saw Matt and the cameras there, she was confused, and then shocked, and then delighted!
The proposal came as a complete surprise. She was expecting him to propose later in the summer or fall, and she had no idea he had even been looking at rings.
Matt proposed to Bree at the first place they went together when she visited him in Oklahoma City for the first time.
Matt and Bree are high school sweethearts, and he designed the ring himself.
Other members of the News Channel 4 family are recently engaged as well.
Joleen Chaney got engaged and Adam Mertz popped the question to his girlfriend a few months ago.
Chase Thomason proposed to Ashton Edwards last December.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel