Congrats to KFOR reporter Bree Steffen, she said YES! | News
It is now wedding season at News Channel 4.
KFOR-TV reporter Bree Steffen just got engaged.
Her boyfriend, now fiance, Matt Ridley got down on one knee when Bree thought she was shooting a news story downtown. She said yes!
Her photographer suggested they shoot a standup by the canals, and Bree willingly went along with the idea. When she rounded the corner and saw Matt and the cameras there, she was confused, and then shocked, and then delighted!
The proposal came as a complete surprise. She was expecting him to propose later in the summer or fall, and she had no idea he had even been looking at rings.
Matt proposed to Bree at the first place they went together when she visited him in Oklahoma City for the first time.
Matt and Bree are high school sweethearts, and he designed the ring himself.
Other members of the News Channel 4 family are recently engaged as well.
Joleen Chaney got engaged and Adam Mertz popped the question to his girlfriend a few months ago.
Chase Thomason proposed to Ashton Edwards last December.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder