Congrats to KFOR reporter Bree Steffen, she said YES! | News
It is now wedding season at News Channel 4.
KFOR-TV reporter Bree Steffen just got engaged.
Her boyfriend, now fiance, Matt Ridley got down on one knee when Bree thought she was shooting a news story downtown. She said yes!
Her photographer suggested they shoot a standup by the canals, and Bree willingly went along with the idea. When she rounded the corner and saw Matt and the cameras there, she was confused, and then shocked, and then delighted!
The proposal came as a complete surprise. She was expecting him to propose later in the summer or fall, and she had no idea he had even been looking at rings.
Matt proposed to Bree at the first place they went together when she visited him in Oklahoma City for the first time.
Matt and Bree are high school sweethearts, and he designed the ring himself.
Other members of the News Channel 4 family are recently engaged as well.
Joleen Chaney got engaged and Adam Mertz popped the question to his girlfriend a few months ago.
Chase Thomason proposed to Ashton Edwards last December.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement