Wheels stolen in northwest OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — People in a Northwest Oklahoma City neighborhood are sleeping with one eye open these days. This after some car break-ins and thieves taking the wheels right off vehicles.
Steve Ayers on Hackberry in North Quail Creek said he came out of his home early in the morning to head to the airport and found his wheels gone.
“On Thursday morning I was coming out early to catch a flight at Will Rogers. I got all my bags out the door, locked the door and turned around to load up. That’s when I saw my suburban up on cinder blocks,” Ayers says.
Now he’s warning others to set their alarms, lock their doors, and put their cars in the garage. He also hopes neighbors keep a watchful eye for anyone who looks suspicious.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes