Wheels stolen in northwest OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — People in a Northwest Oklahoma City neighborhood are sleeping with one eye open these days. This after some car break-ins and thieves taking the wheels right off vehicles.
Steve Ayers on Hackberry in North Quail Creek said he came out of his home early in the morning to head to the airport and found his wheels gone.
“On Thursday morning I was coming out early to catch a flight at Will Rogers. I got all my bags out the door, locked the door and turned around to load up. That’s when I saw my suburban up on cinder blocks,” Ayers says.
Now he’s warning others to set their alarms, lock their doors, and put their cars in the garage. He also hopes neighbors keep a watchful eye for anyone who looks suspicious.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel