Former OSU football great “swings from the heart” in Edmond | News
EDMOND, OK – Cleveland Brown’s quarterback and former OSU QB great, Brandon Weeden, and a large group of golfers hit the links for a good cause.
It was Brandon Weeden’s annual Swing From The Heart Golf Challenge at Oak Tree National in Edmond.
Weeden said it’s not only a fun day but an important one for him.
“Our ultimate goal is to bring a specialized surgeon to Oklahoma City and it’s something that’s near and dear to my heart and when you see Gavin running around here, you’ll see why,” Weeden said. ” He’s a special kid, very inspirational and it’s something I’m very passionate about.”
One of the beneficiaries of Swing From The Heart is a tough 8-year-old boy named from Oklahoma named Gavin. He’s had four open-heart surgeries but that didn’t stop him from stepping out onto the course to play some golf.
He’s become a good friend of Weeden and said he knows how much Weeden has done to help him and children like him.
“He’s been helping me like other kids just like my heart condition and he wants to do a foundation for me,” Gavin said.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- One injured in Guthrie school bus accident; no children on board
- OKC, Chickasha police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers warns to check flights before heading to airport
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog