Double murder suspect surrenders to police | News
ARCADIA, Okla.– A man suspected in a double murder during the Fourth of July holiday has surrendered to police.
Authorities with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office say Garrett Harjo turned himself over to officers with his attorney around 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Harjo is facing two counts of first-degree murder for the shooting deaths of Donald and Diallo Scott in Arcadia.
“We are glad that Harjo turned himself in to our deputies”, said Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel. “This case has taken a lot of resources, and I want to thank the hard work and efforts of our investigators who were able to get Harjo into custody.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum