Double murder suspect surrenders to police | News
ARCADIA, Okla.– A man suspected in a double murder during the Fourth of July holiday has surrendered to police.
Authorities with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office say Garrett Harjo turned himself over to officers with his attorney around 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Harjo is facing two counts of first-degree murder for the shooting deaths of Donald and Diallo Scott in Arcadia.
“We are glad that Harjo turned himself in to our deputies”, said Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel. “This case has taken a lot of resources, and I want to thank the hard work and efforts of our investigators who were able to get Harjo into custody.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Alleged smash and grab burglar causes more damage to business than just stolen items
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area