Double murder suspect surrenders to police | News
ARCADIA, Okla.– A man suspected in a double murder during the Fourth of July holiday has surrendered to police.
Authorities with the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office say Garrett Harjo turned himself over to officers with his attorney around 4 p.m. Wednesday.
Harjo is facing two counts of first-degree murder for the shooting deaths of Donald and Diallo Scott in Arcadia.
“We are glad that Harjo turned himself in to our deputies”, said Oklahoma County Sheriff John Whetsel. “This case has taken a lot of resources, and I want to thank the hard work and efforts of our investigators who were able to get Harjo into custody.”
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan