Winds and rain causing tree and fence damage in the metro | News
Severe weather blew through the metro Tuesday evening and left some neighborhoods a mess. Several trees uprooted near Ski Island in the Hefner and Rockwell area. Katie Seymour was in her truck, in the driveway, when it toppled.
“The storm knocked down the tree. I guess the wind just blew it over. It hit our truck and I was in it when it fell and hit the truck.”
In this same area, the signs for Taco Bell and Freddy’s were ripped from their posts and blown a block away.
No injuries were reported.
Rain chances will be the highest in Western Oklahoma today as our storm system slowly pushes west. This is great news for Western Oklahoma, still under drought status.
Many viewers and visitors have sent in photos of wind and rain damage in many parts of the metro area:
We will dry out and warm up for the second half of the week returning summer temps to the Sooner state by Friday. Enjoy the cooler temps and beneficial rain!
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel