Former business manager pleads guilty to embezzling church funds | News
EDMOND, Okla.- The former business manager of an Edmond church made an appearance in court Friday after pleading guilty to eight charges.
Billy Coyle worked for St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Edmond.
During that time, he is accused of embezzling more than $50,000 of church funds.
The judge gave Coyle the choice to take a 10 year deferred sentence, 90 days in jail and 500 hours of community service.
That option is not a conviction.
He also could take a 5 year suspended sentence and 250 community service hours, which is a conviction.
Coyle pleaded guilty to eight counts of violating the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act by making online purchases with the church’s money.
Coyle will be sentenced Monday.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum