Danforth railroad crossing closed for repairs | News
EDMOND, Okla.- A project will be slowing down drivers in Edmond on Monday as a railroad crossing is shut down for repairs.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad will shut down the crossing on Danforth, between Broadway and Thomas Dr., for repairs.
Officials say the tracks are sinking and need to be raised back to the roadway grade.
Traffic will not be able to get through either direction.
Repairs should be completed by the end of Wednesday.
Until then, officials recommend that drivers take an alternate route.
The railroad says they wanted to make sure this project was finished before the upcoming school year.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum