Danforth railroad crossing closed for repairs | News
EDMOND, Okla.- A project will be slowing down drivers in Edmond on Monday as a railroad crossing is shut down for repairs.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad will shut down the crossing on Danforth, between Broadway and Thomas Dr., for repairs.
Officials say the tracks are sinking and need to be raised back to the roadway grade.
Traffic will not be able to get through either direction.
Repairs should be completed by the end of Wednesday.
Until then, officials recommend that drivers take an alternate route.
The railroad says they wanted to make sure this project was finished before the upcoming school year.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel