Danforth railroad crossing closed for repairs | News
EDMOND, Okla.- A project will be slowing down drivers in Edmond on Monday as a railroad crossing is shut down for repairs.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad will shut down the crossing on Danforth, between Broadway and Thomas Dr., for repairs.
Officials say the tracks are sinking and need to be raised back to the roadway grade.
Traffic will not be able to get through either direction.
Repairs should be completed by the end of Wednesday.
Until then, officials recommend that drivers take an alternate route.
The railroad says they wanted to make sure this project was finished before the upcoming school year.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder