Danforth railroad crossing closed for repairs | News
EDMOND, Okla.- A project will be slowing down drivers in Edmond on Monday as a railroad crossing is shut down for repairs.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad will shut down the crossing on Danforth, between Broadway and Thomas Dr., for repairs.
Officials say the tracks are sinking and need to be raised back to the roadway grade.
Traffic will not be able to get through either direction.
Repairs should be completed by the end of Wednesday.
Until then, officials recommend that drivers take an alternate route.
The railroad says they wanted to make sure this project was finished before the upcoming school year.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes