Edmond begins major road construction project | News
EDMOND, Okla.- The volatile Oklahoma weather takes a toll on our roads but drivers in Edmond will have a chance to drive on newly paved streets in some parts of town.
The city’s engineering department is overseeing the $1.7 million project that will be implemented in three phases.
The first phase will focus on base repairs including potholes, cracks, curb and gutter issues.
Then, crews will use a mill process to remove up to two inches of the base to prepare the road for an overlay.
The project began Monday with seven different roads across town.
Intermittent lane closures will occur throughout the process for each project.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum