Edmond begins major road construction project | News
EDMOND, Okla.- The volatile Oklahoma weather takes a toll on our roads but drivers in Edmond will have a chance to drive on newly paved streets in some parts of town.
The city’s engineering department is overseeing the $1.7 million project that will be implemented in three phases.
The first phase will focus on base repairs including potholes, cracks, curb and gutter issues.
Then, crews will use a mill process to remove up to two inches of the base to prepare the road for an overlay.
The project began Monday with seven different roads across town.
Intermittent lane closures will occur throughout the process for each project.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers: Passengers dealing with some delays, cancellations are expected on Friday
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes