Edmond begins major road construction project | News
EDMOND, Okla.- The volatile Oklahoma weather takes a toll on our roads but drivers in Edmond will have a chance to drive on newly paved streets in some parts of town.
The city’s engineering department is overseeing the $1.7 million project that will be implemented in three phases.
The first phase will focus on base repairs including potholes, cracks, curb and gutter issues.
Then, crews will use a mill process to remove up to two inches of the base to prepare the road for an overlay.
The project began Monday with seven different roads across town.
Intermittent lane closures will occur throughout the process for each project.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed