Edmond begins major road construction project | News
EDMOND, Okla.- The volatile Oklahoma weather takes a toll on our roads but drivers in Edmond will have a chance to drive on newly paved streets in some parts of town.
The city’s engineering department is overseeing the $1.7 million project that will be implemented in three phases.
The first phase will focus on base repairs including potholes, cracks, curb and gutter issues.
Then, crews will use a mill process to remove up to two inches of the base to prepare the road for an overlay.
The project began Monday with seven different roads across town.
Intermittent lane closures will occur throughout the process for each project.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder