Volunteers needed for annual ‘Lake Sweep’ event | News
ARCADIA, Okla.- Organizers say they are looking for volunteers to help clean up a bit of debris left over at a local lake.
Arcadia Lake is hosting the sixteenth annual Lake Sweep on Saturday, August 3.
Volunteers are needed to help sweep the lake’s shorelines and parks for liter and debris.
Staff will be checking in volunteers at 7 a.m. for those wanting to get started before the heat kicks in.
Other volunteers need to be at the Spring Creek Park no later than 8 a.m.
Experts say you should bring sunscreen, insect repellent, sturdy shoes and their own gloves.
Organizers say long pants are preferred as volunteers may be picking up branches.
Everyone who helps will receive a t-shirt, brunch and free access into Arcadia Lake for the rest of the day.
Trash bags and assignments will be given out at the registration table.
The clean-up event will conclude at 10 a.m.
For more information, call the Arcadia Lake Park Office at (405) 216-7470.
Upcoming Events near Edmond
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder